Wednesday 4 January 2017

Out of the Dark (206.5)

January 4th, 2017

I'm so very proud of myself today. Last night was full of hard emotional discourse, the worse I've experienced in, maybe ever. It was the sort of experience that would generally lead to me eating things I shouldn't. Throwing in the towel, "just for tonight because I need comfort", but I didn't. I had a couple of cups of tea and reminded myself that it things were  going to stay this rough or get worse, I'd need to have my own back. I'd need to remember that I need to keep on track. I also needed to remember that if things got better, (which they did) I didn't want to be regretting allowing myself to get off track.

This journey is about finding genuine self care, regardless of what's going on in my life, and at this point, self care means not eating sugar. Not comforting myself with junk food.

I'm pretty proud of myself today.

I will generally be weighing myself 1ce per week, but I decided this week to have a look mid week. I've lost 3.5 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment