Thursday 5 January 2017

Strong Like an Amazon

January 5th, 2017

We had our first 'treat night' last night. For us, its one day a week in which we can indulge a little bit. Have that piece of chocolate our roommate bought for us a few days earlier, or aybe have a few potato chips.

I was quite nervous as it's been less than a week in which sugar has been out of my life, and with Laura bringing desserts, I knew I'd want to have something, so I planned for it.

Breakfast

-1/4 c quick oats
-1/2 tsp splenda
-1 tbsp raisins
-cinnamon
-drizzle of milk

Lunch

-1 zucchini, grated
-1/2 pasta sauce (tomato sauce, spices, chunks of onion, zucchini, mushrooms and a handful of black beans)

Snack

-1 small apple

Dinner

-4 stuffed mushrooms (cream cheese, bread crumbs, cheddar, bacon, green onions, spices. Picture enough to fill 4 small mushroom tops)
-1 small stuffed jalapeƱo (same filling)
-3 slices ham
-1/2 cup mashed purple sweet potato/yukon gold mix

Dessert
-1 apple, cored with oats, cinnamon and a negligible amount of sugar
-1 lindor chocolate

Laura, knowing we were trying to cut sugar, choose the amazing baked apples. Tasty AND healthy!

There were six chocolates to be had and we each chose 2. I chose a pumpkin spice and coconut. After having the pumpkin one, I opened the second, had a tiny nibble and thought, no... I really don't need or want this, and chose not to have it. That is a HUGE thing for me.

I am super proud of me today. I didn't feel deprived, in fact I felt like I indulged in food that I like, and I was able to stop and say no to something I really didn't want.

The other thing I did yesterday to help my brain was self care. I painted my toes and did my finger nails, things I love to do, but do rarely. Before Step got home and Laura arrived, I put on a t-shirt that I was waiting until I'm thinner to wear. The reason for the wait was that it sits right at pant button level and isn't long enough to cover the front of my stomach. I decided yesterday, screw it. The top is awesome and makes me feel sassy, so I'm wearing it, round tummy be damned. I also put on make up. I didn't do it because I thought Step would like me better, or society thinks I should, I did it because I loved the slightly rocker esthetic it created, it made me feel a little bad ass and confidant.

These are feelings I need in my life right now. Sass. Confidence. Bad-assery. They will help me form a strong foundation of self love, something I've been sorely lacking.

Now that my rambling and tea are done, I am off to work on my Let's Play Channel, and then exercise, and then sing, all things that will help me with my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment