Tuesday 3 January 2017

One Minute at a Time

January 3rd, 2017 (210)

Yesterday wound up being a pretty fair day. My food intake was as follows:

Breakfast
-2 eggs, scrambled with nutritional yeast
-2 wedges of pomello

Lunch
-3/4 c quinoa
-8 cherry tomatoes
-1/2 orange pepper
-2 oz turkey

Snack
-2 wedges of pomello

Dinner
-turkey stew, full of veggies

Snack
-2 c air popped popcorn and nutritional yeast

As for exercise, there was a fair amount of house cleaning, as well as over an hour of rock band drumming, and being me, that means dancing in my chair while doing it.

Brain wise, there were hard moments. Step and I had an argument, which left me super anxious. We are in the middle of downsizing the stuff we  have so I can hopefully get a piano, (We see them for free on Freecycle on occasion, and right now, I have nothing to play music on.) and the mess is making me uncomfortable.

 On the upside, we took an entire car load of stuff to the Goodwill, and planned healthy eating for the rest of the week.

I still struggle with that little voice, the one that whispers, "There are Lindor chocolates in the freezer. No one would know if you had one. Besides, one won't hurt." But that's the thing. One WOULD hurt. One would lead to two and then to three, and by that point I'd convince myself that I'd already failed so I can just restart tomorrow. And since I'm doing that anyway, I should just go ahead and have the rest of the chocolate and anything else that I could find that is remotely, 'bad'. Then I would feel the effects of the sugar and feel beyond terrible.

This has been the pattern for far too long. But the voice is loud and beguiling. For now, I'm focusing on staying busy, and staggering out parts of my meals. I had some homemade veggie soup about half an hour ago. In a little while I'll have a salad with boiled egg. Then when Step is home at 3:30 I'll have some tea with him and start work on the podcast. By the time we are done that, it should be dinner.

One minute at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment